What are cookies and tracking technologies?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers sent by a website to your computer or mobile device where it is stored by your browser if you agree. Cookies contain information which enables a website to recognize you as you move around the site and/or each time you revisit. Cookies may be sent by the website that you are visiting or by another organization which provides services to that website, such as an advertising network or analytics company.
(b) Web beacons and other tracking technologies
Web beacons are small bits of code that communicate with third parties and are embedded in web pages, ads or in emails. Web beacons and other tracking technologies, such as gif, page tags and script, are often used together with web browser cookies to help website publishers to better analyze and improve their services and to target advertising based on your browsing behavior and interests.
The cookies used on the Web Site are categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Web Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Web Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or for remembering what sites you've visited on the Internet. We may use “strictly necessary” cookies to:
- Make sure you connect to the right service on the Web Site when we make any changes to the way the Web Site works;
- Identify you as being logged in to our Web Site; and
- Remember information you have entered when you navigate to different pages on the Web Site during a browser session.
If you block these cookies, there is no guarantee that you can use the Web Site or that the security on the Web Site will perform as intended during your visit.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These are cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Web Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Web Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may use “analytical/performance” cookies for:
- Web analytics: To provide statistics on how the Web Site is used;
- Error management: To help us improve and maintain our Web Site by measuring any errors that occur;
- Affiliate tracking: To provide feedback, including but not limited to details of any products or services purchased, to partners about our visitors who also visited their website; and
- Testing designs: To test different designs of the Web Site.
Some of these cookies may be managed by third parties and you should refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications and policies for further information.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our Web Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., your choice of language or region). We may use “functionality” cookies to:
- Remember settings you have selected, such as layout, text size, preferences and colors; and
- Show when you are logged into the Web Site.
If you block these cookies there is no guarantee that you can use the Web Site or that the security on the Web Site will perform as intended during your visit. Some of these cookies may be managed by third parties, and you should refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications and policies for further information.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Web Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Web Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. We and our third-party services providers use “targeting” cookies to:
- Link to social networks, like Facebook, that may subsequently use information about your visit to the Web Site in order to provide advertising or other offers that may be of interest to you when you visit other websites; and
- Provide third parties with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements or other offers that may be of interest to you.
Managing cookies and opting out
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can choose to decline cookies using the methods described below. You can also disable the ability of web beacons to store cookie information by declining cookies.
(a)Opting out of advertising cookies
There are three (3) main associations that represent the advertising networks allowed on our Web Site. You can visit these associations’ websites to opt out of all cookies served by their members (see below). These independent websites are not sponsored by or affiliated with AmerisourceBergen.
|Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)||www.networkadvertising.org/choices/|
|Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)||www.aboutads.info/choices/|
|European Digital Advertising Alliance (EDDA)||www.youronlinechoices.com|
In opting out, a cookie will be set to let advertisers know not to use your data for targeted advertising purposes. You will still see advertisements but they will not be tailored to your interests.
(b)Managing cookies on your device
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to use all of the features and functionality of our Web Site. In the following list you will find a summary of links that provide detailed information on the deactivation of cookies in commonly used browsers:
- Cookie settings in Chrome™
- Cookie settings in Firefox®
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer®
- Cookie settings in Safari®
Except for strictly necessary cookies (which have a longer expiration date and, in some cases do not expire), all cookies will expire at various times.
AmerisourceBergen is committed to using cookies and tracking technologies fairly and in accordance with applicable privacy rights and its Privacy Statement, which includes, without limitation, the transferring of any data to AmerisourceBergen affiliates or subsidiaries located in different countries. View the AmerisourceBergen Privacy Statement.
227 Washington Street
Conshohocken, PA 19428
Modifications and Updates to Privacy Statement
© Copyright AmerisourceBergen Corporation - May 2018